For members (both new and old!)
For members and people thinking of joining us
- SBS has a half-yearly subscription.
- To get an idea of repertoire, a list of past concerts, and future planned concerts is given
- We expect for strings Grade 8 and/or considerable orchestral experience; for woodwind always Grade 8 and an audition; for brass and percussion ideally Grade 7/8 with orchestral experience.
- We require a commitment to attend all rehearsals and concerts, including private preparation outside rehearsal time. (Students need to give thought to attendance at rehearsals outside of term time and general time pressures.)
- Rehearsals are in the usual local school term time (with a break for half term). We normally do concerts in February and in July. For 2015-16 there is an extra concert in November 2015, which may become a regular event. Concert dates are published on these web pages when they are confirmed.
- The Constitution of the SBS is available from these pages.